11/09/2011

Best Field Trip Ever.

Today I took my first field trip with the instituto. We went to a film festival, where we watched a film in English about a group of Spaniards who went to paint murals in Cape Town, South Africa (complicated?). The film was alright. I liked the premise, and I liked the paintings (you can see one of the murals to the right). What I didn't like was the way the film was shot -- totally by hand, with what seemed to be a mini camcorder. The whole thing was shaky, and edited to be fast paced and jumpy. Being sensitive as I am to motion, I had to close my eyes for a lot of it because I started feeling nauseous.

Already tired, and already having felt ill the entire morning, it wasn't long before I accidentally dozed off during a portion of the film. I felt horrible!

Anyway, after the film we had to wait around for about an hour before the bus would arrive. Being in Spain, the only natural thing for the professors to do was hang out at one of the restaurants in the mall and have a beer. We've talked about this before. Having a beer in Spain is about as controversial as having a Coca-Cola. But imagine my surprise when the teachers asked if we wanted to go grab a caƱa. During a field trip. At 1:00 in the afternoon. I, of course, obliged.

My afternoon has been very uneventful. It's threatening rain outside, which, as we all know, makes for the best napping weather. And of course, after an afternoon beer or two, nothing is better than a little siesta. I read my kindle for a little while, cooked a frozen pizza for lunch, and updated the look of my blog. (You like!?) I decided to cancel my afternoon plans, stay inside, listen to some good music, and chill out for the rest of the night.
What a relaxing, uneventful, wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment