11/19/2011

It's been so long!

Dear blog,

It has been a while-- a long while. I have no real excuse, and I'm sorry.

I suppose, to make it up to you, I could recount to you what has been going on during this last week and a half. But I'll try to only share the good parts.

I had my first visitor in Sevilla last weekend! Bailey decided on Thursday night that she'd be coming on Friday! It was a little last minute, but that only made it more exciting! We went out for some bangin' tapas on Friday night, and made a marathon tour of the city on Saturday. And after visiting a plaza filled with birds on Saturday, we decided to spend our evening watching the movie "The Birds" with my roommates. All in all, a fantastic weekend that left me with a slight fear of birds in large numbers.

A large majority of my life these days is being consumed by my living conditions. I've been thinking about moving out. It's a very long story, and one that I probably shouldn't recount on my blog, for the sole reason that anybody could be reading this thing... (cue twilight zone music). But, if you're really concerned, I would surely tell you about it in person, or via facebook or skype or basically any other medium that isn't this blog. (Ok, not to make it sound all serious and secretive, but I'm just not one to write about this kind of stuff on my blog. I only mention it because it seems to be the main topic of life these days.)

Yesterday I felt all homesick. I am blaming it on Starbucks and Christmas music. And Thanksgiving. I have already celebrated Thanksgiving once, with a fairly legit meal, and some fairly legit people-- we had cranberry sauce and everything. This week, I will celebrate it twice more, once on Thursday with my coworker and her novio's family, and once on Saturday, in Madrid. I guess that's reason enough to be thankful! But I promise you, my 'thankful-for' list is long this year!

This weekend I am going to Madrid and Toledo, because I have an appointment on Monday morning with the extranjería. We all know by now how much I love that place... Here's to hoping that everything goes smoothly! Aside from the legal junk, I am quite thrilled about my trip. I still have a deep love in my heart for Toledo. And of course, I will get to see my friends again, which is always lovely. And, in case you were wondering, I haven't traveled at all since arriving here in September. Sad. It will be nice to get a breath of fresh air. (And the weekend after, I will be going to Valencia! exciting!!)

I am sorry that I've failed miserably at updating these last 2 weeks. I promise I won't be a stranger anymore!

1 comment:

  1. This blog leaves me with great anticipation to talk to you...¡!¡!

    ReplyDelete