12/21/2011

Back in the US of A

Yep. I'm totally in America now!

I brought 1 dollar bill back from Spain, and I spent it on a Mountain Dew in the airport. So worth it!

I have watched Teen Mom 2, 16 & Pregnant, Toddlers and Tiaras, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, and a whole slew of other trashy tv shows. What a great use of my time at home!

I have spent a day baking with my grandma, and wandering the aisles of grocery stores in amazement at the options available. I want to buy EVERYTHING! And I ate sloppy joes, which was pretty freakin' delicious. I don't remember ever loving sloppy joes as much as I did yesterday. They were so good.

I spent today at home, doing absolutely nothing. And it was kind of wonderful.

I've seen a lot of family, but I haven't seen most of my friends yet. I will see them before the week is over, though. And I'm so excited!

This trip home has pretty much broken the bank, and I don't really have much money to be throwing around. But I'm so happy to be here.

Here is a short list of things I would like to do before I head back to Spain:
See everybody. duh.
Go downtown to see the tree, etc.
Eat at Fatheads. Yum.
Go to the mall.
Go see a movie.
Do something awesome on New Years Eve.
Go out with my cousins, to celebrate Andy's 21st birthday.
Go to Target.
I feel like there should be many more things on this list, but that will have to do for now.

I'm on my way to the library. How exciting!

4 comments:

  1. So jealous! Target and Sloppy Joes sound AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Fatheads, I remember that. Oh, and Trader Joe's should also be on the list. I remember that was my biggest (good) culture shock when i got back to the US from Spain. Have fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok soooo i totally miss all those trashy shows......!!!!!! and umm because of your post on facebook i had to go and make sloppy joes and also i would love to go to fat heads but they don't have one out here! :( oh and i also want to see you :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a fellow American who will soon be returning to California after almost 5 months in Spain, this post echoes my feelings completely. It's funny the things we miss while we're gone, that we don't even notice while we're home. One thing I can't wait to get back to is 24-hour convenience stores. I have never been able to get used to the hours here - I mean, closing in the middle of the afternoon? Seriously? And forget about getting anything done on Sunday. Also, I can't even tell you how excited I am to see peanut butter on the grocer's shelf again, haha. I wish you a very American Christmas!

    ReplyDelete