12/30/2011

Resolutions

Since my first two months in Sevilla haven't exactly been ideal... And since 2011 is ending, and 2012 brings with it all sorts of inspiring ideas of change... And because I've (finally) been reading The Happiness Project... I've decided that it would behoove me to start thinking about some resolutions that I might realistically consider adopting in the near future. These aren't really life changing or earth shattering resolutions... they're just short term goals that I think will make the next few months in Sevilla a little more enjoyable and productive. So here goes.
  • Take more pictures. I have taken a pitiful amount of pictures this year. So, I should probably do something to change that.
  • Go out more. Of course I love the occasional cozy Friday night at home, hanging out with friends... but I also love the occasional night out, too. I loved going out in Toledo last year, and I kind of miss it. I want to find the cool bars in Sevilla. I want to go out and meet cool new people. And you know, I'm not opposed to the occasional gin and tonic, either.
  • Learn Spanish. Ok, I guess I do know Spanish. But for some reason, I feel like I know less Spanish now than I did a year ago. Is that possible? I am blaming it on the Andalusian accent, and on the fact that I almost always speak English these days (probably more the later, but I swear the accent makes a difference, too!). So, with a combination of more practice, and quite possibly a tutor, I am hoping to improve my Spanish. And I have also seriously flirted with the idea of taking the DELE exam in May. I thought about it last year, but I didn't do it. And now I'm thinking about doing it again. It's a matter of money and dedication. So we'll see. But I definitely need to start taking advantage of these opportunities to practice Spanish. Duh.
  • Write. This includes blogging and journaling... lucky you!
  • Read. This is never a bad resolution. I've also just recently figured out how to rent library books on my kindle, and I'm pretty pumped about it.
So... what are some of your resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. I like your resolutions Raquael. And I like the Happiness Project. Y, que tal si escribes y lees en espanol? asi cumples con reaprender el espanoool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a lot of the same goals! Except for the taking picture part. I take waaaay too many pictures while in Spain! Good luck with everything and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete