12/12/2011

Thanks, Pablo, for reminding me that I love Spanish.

In order to cheer myself up, I need to start remembering some of the reasons I love being here.

One of the most obvious is that I simply love being surrounded by Spanish. For over 10 years now, I have studied and loved the language. And sometimes, I take for granted the fact that I have the opportunity to live and learn here. I will admit that I speak my fair share of English on a daily basis, and my Spanish has not really been improving lately. But when I am back at home in the States, I just miss Spanish being the norm. (I suppose I could just spend more time at the grocery store in Beechview, but it's just not the same!) I still love learning Spanish. I love learning new words and new ways to express myself. And I love it when people tell me that I speak it well (though this is happening less and less these days! whoops!).

Some people speak Spanish so beautifully and effortlessly that I just love listening to them speak. (This is not as common of an occurrence in Andalucía, ;) but it still happens every now and then.) Sure, it's their native language, but some people just speak it so well! It blows my mind how effortless it seems. And yes, I realize how silly this sounds. I laugh when people say the same thing about me speaking English.

Anyway, I have recently been listening to this song on repeat. It's by Pablo Alborán, and it's called Perdóname. It's gorgeous! It's not just the music, but the Spanish, too, the way it just flows from his tongue. The song is also heartbreaking. So unless you understand what it's saying, just let it play and let the sound of the Spanish words stir your soul. For those of you who do read Spanish, I'll post the lyrics, too. Beacause even though it's heartbreaking, it's a beauty. :) Enjoy!




Perdóname
Pablo Alborán

Si alguna vez preguntas el por que
No sabré decirte la razón
Yo no la sé
Por eso y más
Perdóname

Si alguna vez maldicen nuestro amor
Comprenderé tu corazón
Tú no me entenderás
Por eso y más
Perdóname

Ni una sola palabra más
No más besos al alba
Ni una sola caricia habrá
Esto se acaba aquí
No hay manera ni forma
De decir que sí

Si alguna vez
Creíste que por ti
O por tu culpa me marché
No fuiste tú
Por eso y más
Perdóname

Si alguna vez te hice sonreír
Creíste poco a poco en mi
Fui yo lo sé
Por eso y más
Perdóname

Ni una sola palabra más
No más besos al alba
Ni una sola caricia habrá
Esto se acaba aquí
No hay manera ni forma
De decir que sí

Siento volverte loca
Darte el veneno de mi boca
Siento tener que irme así
Sin decirte adiós

Ni una sola palabra más
No mas besos al alba
Ni una sola caricia habrá
Esto se acaba aquí
No hay manera ni forma
De decir que sí

Perdóname


1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't usually go for this type of music but cool song. The lyrics are pretty straightforward to follow and make out too which is perfect for someone of my learner level.

    Great blog by the way. Looking forward to coming back and following your writing. Could do with a bit of the Andalucian sol myself after this long cold winter!

    ReplyDelete