3/15/2012

Bliss.

My life feels increasingly like a movie these days.
From the antics that go on in this apartment (for better or worse), to the occasional rom-com reminiscent moments I've had lately, I feel like somebody is secretly filming some kind of Truman Show about me. But if this is a movie, it's a good one, and I don't mind starring in it.

Not much has changed since I last wrote ... which is why I haven't written anything. But I feel some outside pressure to update you *ahem*, so I'm doing it.

As cheesy, cliché, and unimaginative as it may sound, life is still fantastic. Spring has arrived to Sevilla, 100%, and of course I am enjoying it for all it's worth (before the unbearable heat sneaks up on us). I'm spending a lot of time outside, getting tan, reading books, painting pictures, talking with friends, going for walks, riding bikes... My days are full of all of the good things in life. Ever since my semester in Sevilla, I've wanted to spend a spring here. And now that I am here, and it's kind of hard to imagine how this could possibly get better.

I am greatly anticipating the smell of azahar, or the orange blossoms. It's all I hear about anymore. The buds are on the trees, but they haven't opened yet. It's only a matter of days! And then, I'm told, we're in for a week of olfactory bliss (or really bad allergies). I'm so pumped.

I don't really have much else to say, but I'd like to offer some advice:
Take a break and go read by a river, America. Your soul will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment