3/31/2012

My old friend Stress makes a visit.

Oh... Hello, Stress. Have we met?
I'm afraid it's just been so long since I've seen you, I must have forgotten what you look like. But don't worry... this week there's no mistaking you.

This week, you look like:
A 4-hour English lesson.
A fun, but activity-filled week at school.
A 2-hour English lesson.
Another 2-hour English lesson.
Visitors -- Past, Present, and Future.
Having no food. And eating out for EVERY MEAL.
Money -- most notably, my lacking it. (See above)
The ridiculously fast arrival of Semana Santa.
The realization that time and life pass way too quickly. (Shout out to the over-thinkers.)

Yeah, ok. You're right. In a normal world, this wouldn't really be stress. But in the last 2 months, my biggest sources of stress have been about messing up the lines on a painting, which library book I should read first, where I left my metro card, or where I should go with my friends for a coffee... and honestly, none of these problems are all that stressing.

And yep... I realize that I'm in for a pretty big shock when I head back to the US. But until then, I'm just going to try to keep on living this stress-free life while I have the chance. I'm just hoping my old friend Stress packs his bags and heads out quickly. I'm sick of the way he makes my mind run without ceasing, how he keeps me awake and prevents me from getting a good night of sleep, how he creeps in and shares all of his doubts. Anyway, I've got better, cooler visitors coming TOMORROW. :D And we don't really want a crowd.

2 comments:

  1. You know what Raquael? You may be in for a shock in the US, but your life is your life and I think you should definitely keep these things in mind. A lot of people don't know how to life a stress-free or low stress life, and now that you know how, it can't be taken away from you. You might be surprised (pleasantly) upon your arrival to your patria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, you are so wise. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete