3/26/2012

Sweet dreams?

Meredith has some friends in town this week, so last night we all went to have dinner at her favorite restaurant, Contenedor. I have to admit that the restaurant was pretty awesome, and the food was bangin' (aka, really delicious). We shared 4 different courses; salmon with a type of coleslaw, hake with some kind of tasty sauce, rice with duck and mushrooms, and venison with apples. All of them were incredible. Yes, all of them. Even the fish. (Sorry, I don't have the pictures!)

The most notable part of my experience, though, was the pacharán that they served after the meal. Pacharán is an after dinner liqueur made with berries and anise. Yes, anise. I am not a fan of anise, but I drank it anyway.

No big deal, right?
But I'm pretty sure the pacharán is to blame for the outrageous dreams I had last night. They were so vivid and so ridiculous. I dreamt all night that I was running late to work. All night I was stressed about arriving on time today! And the most random people showed up in my dream as well-- people I haven't thought about in months, even years.

All I can say is, that's the last time I drink pacharán before bed.
But in case you're looking to spice up your dreams, go ahead and have a glass.

3 comments:

  1. I've never had it! I'll have to try it, even though I am also not a fan of anise. No me gusta, tía.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of pacharán! And I love anise, so maybe I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, i've had it before. not a fan!

    ReplyDelete