9/20/2011

¡Qué nervios!

All that stuff I said about not being nervous ... yeah, it was a lie. Or at least it is now.

I have been in a state of uneasiness for the last few days. When I sit down and try to make a to-do list, my mind goes blank. I feel like I have so much to be worrying about, but I can't figure out what it is, and I don't know what I should be doing about it.

Today was a rather ridiculous day.
First, I went to have a driving lesson. I finally got behind the wheel of a stick shift. I need to practice. I definitely don't feel comfortable enough yet to drive it cross-foreign-country, but I'm going to practice again tomorrow and Wednesday. Hopefully I'll really pick it up then. The hardest part for me is starting again once I'm stopped. So we definitely need to remedy that. But ooooooooooh man. Stresssssssss.

Second, I went to read a story in Spanish to Miss Sarah's Second Grade class! So much fun! I have been working in a middle school, which is fun, but oh so totally different from a group of second graders. The kids were hilarious and adorable. Some of my favorite exchanges include:
"Oh yeah, I saw you at the grocery store before, I just didn't want to say anything...." (WHAT?! HAHA)
"Do you speak English?" (After speaking to them in nothing but English...)
"I used to read to my mom in Czech, when I was 3-5, but I had to stop when I went to kindergarten..."
Pretty much anything they say is hilarious. I loved it!

I also took a 2 hour siesta, which is absolutely ridiculous, but I guess it is just a nice way to prepare for the coming weeks. I am sure there will be many a siesta in my near future.

After my siesta, I went out with my mom, and I noticed that somebody kindly broke the side-view mirror off on the driver side of my car. LOVELY. Just what I need. This happened in front of my own freaking house. And I am not happy.

Oh, and it's official. I am a coffee drinker. I have had 3 coffee drinks this week, and I even ordered two of them of my own volition. Today I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Oh, it might as well be fall, folks. (And it will be, on Friday!)

Back to the brainstorming and to-do-list-making.

2 comments:

  1. Two kindergarteners (super cute twins!) were talking to me and said, "What do you teach?" So I responded that I taught English to kids who didn't know how to speak it. They go, "I wanna speak English!!" and looked at their grandma who exasperatedly told them that they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's adorable! Younger kids are way too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete