9/15/2011

Showers, with a high of 73

Sorry to keep you hanging!
I told myself I'd be so much better about blogging this year -- as in, I might actually attempt to do so on a semi-regular basis.

I am now 10 days away from making the trip back to Spain!
In my mind, 10 days is always a very real marker in any countdown. 10 days can be seen in the 10-day weather forecast. I now know that when I leave Pittsburgh on Friday, September 23rd, there will be showers, with a high of 73. (Though it's always subject to change.) And when I arrive in Madrid on Saturday morning, it will be sunny, with a high of 86. (That's good news, considering it was pushing 105 when I left Madrid in June!)

10 days. That's kind of crazy. It doesn't feel real yet. It never really does.
But my bank account has a -$1300 charge that says it is real. So I guess I believe it.

On an unrelated note...
I went to dinner to celebrate some friends' birthdays tonight. We went to Mallorca, a fabulous Spanish restaurant in the South Side. I got to speak Spanish with the waiters a little bit. And I saw things like gazpacho, almejas, and bacalao on the menu. Even though I don't eat those things, it felt like a familiar selection. (I ate the Pollo Mallorca...thumbs up, for sure!)

But um, the point is... I'm excited to go back. :D
I just haven't been doing a lot of planning or worrying...... and that kind of worries me.
What do I have to worry about?

2 comments:

  1. You don't eat gazpacho?! Que te pasa?!?
    And I think it's very spanish of you to not worry and to just feel chill. You've already done this once anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the pepino! Tengo alergia! I do like salmorejo (i think thats what it's called) though, which is pretty close i think...

    And ... well, i definitely had my moments of anxiety, but I'm at the airport now and everything seems to be fine! Estoy apunto de embarcar en nuevas aventuras.

    ReplyDelete