9/06/2011

three weeks.

Only three weeks left, folks!

That's just three more weeks of face time with family and friends, of horrible, yet tasty food, unlimited texts, all-day driving, and unbelievably cold air conditioning.

There's just three more weeks until I'm going for paseos, having siestas, eating tapas, speaking espanish, and taking in the sun, warmth, and spirit of Sevilla.

In just three short weeks, I'll be feeling all of the pressures of last minute packing (and shopping), of not having my own apartment yet, of having to deal with the extranjerĂ­a (or foreigner's office).

And I'm kind of excited for all of it! --minus the foreigner's office.

When I think back to how I felt at this time last year, I was WAY more anxious (understandably), somewhat more prepared (mentally, financially, legally), and a little bit less realistic.

Despite my current unpreparedness, I think that I have more realistic expectations for this year. I think I have a better idea of what to expect regarding the job and life, etc. My Spanish is way better now, too. And even though I'm not going back to Toledo, I will at least be going to a place that I know and love, where I already have some friends that I know and love. I'm excited for what the year will bring!

I am hoping that this year provides as much excitement and adventure as I found in Toledo. I am hoping to meet new and good friends, to go new and exciting places, and to keep improving my Spanish. And I'll definitely keep you all posted on the good stories and updates.

Three weeks isn't long! But until then, I'll be preparing, packing, and enjoying my time stateside!

Besos to all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm totally looking forward to learning about all your nuevas aventuras... I feel a little like I'm living vicariously through you...

    ReplyDelete