10/24/2011

La Lluvia en Sevilla es una Maravilla

I can't lie. I'm definitely a fan of the sun. One of the things that I love so much about Spain is how the sun seems to always be shining. Sunshine, to me, can turn any day into a happy one.

But today, I'm loving on the rain. I have been in Spain for exactly ONE MONTH now, and this is the first time that the skies have opened up. For no particular reason, the rain is just soothing my soul today. Maybe it's because I didn't really have to go outside all day. I spent the rainy parts inside, reading my kindle and playing on the computer. And now that it's raining again, I'm about to crawl into bed, and fall asleep to that wonderful sound! Ask me how I feel about the rain tomorrow, when I'm walking through town in shoes with no traction and dodging the umbrellas of the little abuelitas, and my story may change.

But for now, let's just be poetic and talk about how soothing the rain can be.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh rain is so different when you don't have to walk in it and get wet and have your hair frizz out (well, at least in my case). I love a good rainy day spent reading books, drinking coffee, and knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh, I was thinking that I would feel the exact same way if I hadn't had to walk to school in it at 8 in the morning. It looked like a hurricane outside but none of the natives seemed concerned at all.

    ReplyDelete