10/29/2011

I'll be home for Christmas!

BIG NEWS!



I can officially recheck all of the songs that I banned iTunes from playing last year -- anything that included home and Christmas in the title. These songs are no longer forbidden! I AM going HOME for CHRISTMAS!!

I finally booked a flight on Thursday! I feel a little impulsive, because only a short week ago, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to swing the trip home. But after looking around at flights, trying to figure out the cheapest ones, and how to get between cities like London, New York, and Pittsburgh, I realized just how much I do want to be home for Christmas, and I decided that it was worth it to buy a flight that was a little more expensive (aka, an average-priced ticket) , but that took me all the way to Pittsburgh.

And on December 18th, that's where I'll be! Home in Pittsburgh!

I was really torn about whether or not I would be coming home for Christmas this year. Staying in Spain last year was good, but it was tough. The toughest part was leading up to Christmas, knowing that I wouldn't be there with everybody. It was a great being able to experience a Christmas abroad, but after all is said and done, nothing is quite as good as being with your family, your friends, eating your foods, and following your traditions. I liked traveling to Portugal for New Year's -- it was probably the coolest New Year's Eve of my life!! But I think that this year, I just want to be home. I'd rather kiss my loved ones in my grandma's living room than 50 strangers in a plaza in Lisbon (though, don't get me wrong, that was a good time!).

Plus, my pap told me that if I come home for Christmas, he'll make me a pumpkin pie. I wonder if he remembers that, or if he plans on sticking to it... Let's just say, I plan on consuming as many pumpkin-flavored goods as humanly possible during the 2 weeks I will have at home! So, go ahead everybody! Mark your calendars! December 18-January 3, I will be available for dates in Pittsburgh! I can't wait to see you all! <3

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you are going home for Christmas! I was just reading your Christmas/New Years blog the other day from last year and it seems that Christmas in Spain was decent but I could sort of tell that you wanted to be home with some of the things you said...good that you were able to get the plane tickets that you wanted. :-)

    ReplyDelete