10/05/2011

No Longer Homeless!

Dearest friends, family, and faithful blog subscribers,

I am happy to inform you that I am no longer homeless! (Well, I never actually was homeless, thanks to the generosity and hospitality of Ana Bello!) But I finally have a permanent address of my own! (available upon request!)

I decided to take that apartment that I wasn’t sure about. I’ve been here for approximately 72 hours now. And so far so good.

I feel like my apartment is very metropolitan. It’s on the top floor of a high rise building (Penthouse, what what!), and it’s on a busy city street. We have huge pop-art painting hanging in the living room, which also has a fantastic, picturesque view of Triana. As I’m writing this, I smell what I’m sure is delicious Chinese cuisine being cooked at the restaurant right below us.

Here is the view from my apartment:

Last night, my roommates and I shared a dinner of schnitzel (that’s just a fancy German name for fried chicken), cooked by my German roommate. It was so good! And it feels so good to share meals and conversation with the people you live with! Hopefully this trend will continue.

My first few days of school have gone well. We are still in the introduction phase of the whole thing, but I have good feelings about this year. I already feel like I will be more useful and productive at this school.

I still feel like I’m trying to settle into a routine. I’m not quite there, but soon enough.

I will post some more pictures of my apartment soon, hopefully…
And I promise a better-written blog post as well!

hasta ahora

No comments:

Post a Comment